Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The New Trailer For THE GRANDMASTER Fuses Kung Fu, Hip-Hop And The RZA

A new poster and trailer were released this week for Wong Kar-Wai's biopictoral kung fu epic, Martin Scorsese Presents: The Grandmaster.

I began getting some doubts about this film when the very first teaser came out back in April. It wasn't crafted quite nicely for its very first foot into marketing the film for the U.S. industry, leaving a real bitter taste in critics like myself. A new trailer was at some point unveiled to the public in July, and it was a huge improvement from the 1st, producing it look like a film that I could invest in.

Having stated this, we now have a new trailer for Wong Kar-Wai's newest film to make its way to a limited U.S. release on Friday, August 23, 2013. If you ask me, as a lot as I really like martial arts action and hip-hop, I have to be sincere with myself here The trailer tries as well difficult to sell me an action movie, and it did very little for me in terms of boosting my interest in this particular version of the film.  But that's just my opinion.

What do you guys believe? Feel free of charge to comment.

SYNOPSIS:
Directed by acclaimed filmmaker Wong Kar Wai, THE GRANDMASTER is an epic action feature inspired by the life and instances of the legendary kung fu master, Ip Man. The story spans the tumultuous Republican era that followed the fall of China’s final dynasty, a time of chaos, division and war that was also the golden age of Chinese martial arts. Filmed in a variety of stunning places that consist of the snow-swept landscapes of Northeast China and the subtropical South, THE GRANDMASTER features virtuoso performances by some of the greatest stars of modern Asian cinema, like Tony Leung and Ziyi Zhang.

The New Trailer For THE GRANDMASTER Fuses Kung Fu, Hip-Hop And The RZA
9out of 10 based on 10 ratings. 9 user reviews.

1 comment: